Positions at Institute for Health Professions at Cambria Heights
The Institute for Health Professions at Cambria Heights anticipates having the following positions for the 2017-2018 school year:
· Physical Sciences (Physics or Chemistry)
· SWD (Mathematics) Leave Replacement (November-January)
The school is a small progressive career and technical high school located in a residential neighborhood near the Queens border with Nassau County. As part of our career and technical program, we offer our students valuable nursing skills and the chance to become state-certified EMTs. We are partnered with Northwell Health and Hofstra University.The school is a member of the New York Performance Standards Consortium, which means we have been granted the right to use Performance-Based Assessment Tasks instead of Regents exams to meet state graduation requirements. As such, we emphasize the use of project-based learning, higher order thinking skills, and substantive conversation as part of our academic program.
The school values teachers who desire to:
· Actively collaborate with multiple teams (House, Department, STEM, SWDs, ELLs,) to plan and implement inquiry-based interdisciplinary curricula.
· Implement written, oral, and visual Performance-Based Assessments and a project-based curricula.
· Serve as an adviser to foster the development of a just community by advocating for students, communicating with parents, and participating on our Fairness Committee.
· Develop and participate in after school and/or Saturday tutoring, enrichment, sports, arts, and family programs.
· Participate in professional development such as inquiry work, intervisitations, instructional rounds, and teacher common planning
Dual certification (ESL, SWD) is highly valued
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter to email@example.com. Paid summer professional development will be an integral part of preparing for the school year; so, applicants must be available to participate in on boarding activities over the summer.
Gareth Robinson, MPA, Founding Principal
The Institute for Health Professions at Cambria Heights
207-01 116th Avenue, Cambria Heights, NY 11411