International @ LaGuardia HS: 9th & 10th Grade ESL Teachers
International High School at LaGuardia Community College is seeking an ESL certified teacher for the 2018-2019 school year for an anticipated opening to serve our student population of English language learning, newly-arrived immigrants in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
Interested applicants should be excited and willing to teach a project-based curriculum and be involved in team-building activities. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about young adult literature and be able to design curriculum that enables students with a broad range of abilities to succeed, learn, and sustain motivation. The candidate should have excellent English language skills in order to model English writing, reading, listening, and speaking. Bilingualism is a plus.
Interested candidates should email email@example.com.
A successful candidate will exhibit a maximal combination of the following attributes:
• Flexibility, empathy, collaborative outlook, self-motivation
• Experience designing a projects-based curriculum
• Experience with techniques appropriate for English Language Learners
Candidate will also be responsible for:
• Mentoring students for grade level portfolio presentations
• Working with an interdisciplinary team of teachers and accepting team responsibilities
• Participating in other school-wide activities, including committee representation